Timberwood Park is a census-designated place (CDP) and Conservative enclave in far Northern Bexar County, Texas, United States. G.G. Gale was the developer from 1976 until completion around 2011. The subdivision has roughly 42 miles of roads and encompasses over 2,000 acres. The overall plan shows 3,263 platted lots. The population was 13,447 at the 2010 census, up from 5,889 at the 2000 census. It is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area. Timberwood is a suburban residential community located west of U. S. Highway 281 and east of Blanco Road about twenty miles north of San Antonio in north-central Bexar County. Timberwood Park contains 3,263 lots with the majority being a half acre. The community includes a park that contains a seven-acre lake, six-hole golf course, swimming pool, along with sand volleyball, basketball, and tennis courts. The size of the development is 2,172 acres, making it the seventh largest subdivision in Bexar County in 2017. The large influx of German immigrants to Texas in the mid-1800s stimulated land sales in south-central Texas. Johann Theodor Gerfers, his wife Maria, and their four children arrived in Texas in 1848. Gerfers purchased the first land (160 acres) in the Timberwood area and began cattle and sheep ranching. From the early 1850s through the 1880s, the Gerfers family purchased adjoining tracts in the area to create a large cattle and sheep ranch encompassing nearly all of present-day Timberwood Park.